GVM Upgrade – Nissan Patrol GU Y61 DX 3.0 litre Cab Chassis
The solution for owners/managers of Nissan Patrol GU DX 3.0 litre Model Cab Chassis (Leaf Spring Rear) vehicles who have a need to carry loads to a GVM of 3900 kg (up from 3400kg standard GVM), while at the same time meeting the practical and documentary compliance requirements of Work Safety, Police Licensing, Insurance, Lessor’s and Fleet Managers.
WHY DO VEHICLES REQUIRE G.V.M (Gross Vehicle Mass) UPGRADES?
- Need to protect Business, Managers from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence.
- Possibility of Insurance companies to void payout if the vehicle is loaded beyond approved GVM.
- Possibility of litigation under common law if is vehicle operated beyond its legal Load Limits.
- Requirements to load vehicle and operate safely with weight beyond current Original Equipment limits for heavy and/or remote work.
Using Lovells Springs GVM Upgrade Kit (approved by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, compliance plate approval no. 28971) helps avoid these problems.
WHAT AMOUNT OF INCREASE SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
Officially sanctioned GVM Kit provides:
- GVM to 3900kg
- GVM increase of 500 kg
- Load carrying capacity of around 1500 kg (dependent on load bearing accessories)
WHAT COMPONENTS COME IN THE GVM UPGRADE KIT?
Kit includes the following:
- 2 x Lovells Heavy Duty Front Coil Springs
- 2 x Lovells Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Springs
- 4 x Lovells Gas Legend 36mm Twin tube, Long Travel Gas Shock Absorbers
- 1 x Lovells Urethane bush kits to suit leaf spring eyes and shackles.
- 4 x Lovells High Tensile U-Bolts
- 2 x Lovells Anti-Inversion Greasable shackles
- 2 x Lovells Greasable pins
- 1 x Lovells Adjustable Front Castor Urethane Bush Kit
- 1 x Front ABS Spacer Kit
- 1 x Compliance plate with revised GVM of 3900 kg
- 1 x Brake Load Proportioning Valve Adjustment Warning Decal
- 1 x Tyre Placard (Decal) with revised axle capacities
- 1 x Fitting Instruction Manual
WHO CAN FIT LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE KITS?
Because the Kit is approved on the basis of Lovells Springs being a secondary manufacturer, and the responsibility ultimately lying with Lovells, only Lovells Springs Authorised Fitters are approved to fit this Kit. All GVM Kit’s are supplied with detailed fitting instructions and appropriate documentation.
WHO WOULD REQUIRE A GVM UPGRADE FOR THEIR VEHICLE?
This kit will suit any vehicle owner/operator who has a need to carry loads approaching 1500 kg. This includes Government Departments, Mining Companies, Farmers, Tradesmen, large and small businesses, even individuals loading their vehicles for traveling.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ENSURE YOU ARE COMPLYING WITH THE APPROVAL?
There is a specific GVM Kit Order Form that must be filled out by your company for each vehicle to be fitted. On completion of the Kit being fitted by the Lovells Authorised Fitter, a Check List must be completed and retained by the Fitter and Lovells for future reference. Procedures such as these ensure requirements of Lovells being a second stage manufacturer are being fulfilled.
WHEN SHOULD A GVM UPGRADE KIT BE FITTED?
New vehicles must be fitted prior to registration. They are simply then registered with a GVM of 3900 kg as per the new compliance plate.
Vehicles which are already registered cannot be fitted with a kit under this Approval.
IS THE ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT WARRANTY AFFECTED WHEN FITTING A LOVELLS GVM UPGRADE?
Vehicle warranty is not affected when a GVM Upgrade is fitted. Our testing and analysis procedures are stringent and undertaken by an accredited Automotive Engineering Consultant to ensure original equipment components are not compromised. Modifications and load limits are within theoretical service/safety factors to ensure the integrity and longevity of OE parts associated with increasing the vehicles load carrying capabilities. As Lovells are a secondary manufacturer, it is our responsibility to document these tests and thus take responsibility for the GVM upgrade compliance.
Therefore, should an original equipment component fail and be directly attributed/caused by the vehicle carrying loads to a maximum GVM of 3900kg or part failure associated with the GVM Upgrade modification, Lovells will cover warranty of the component after written proof and testing by an independent body has been lodged.